Last night Mum and Dad drove for over an hour to come visit me, and delivered a short intense bout of parenting, before dashing off again to let me finish my assignments. The night before, I’d had a minor emotional breakdown, Mum had called me, picked up on this hysteria, talked me through it and decided that among other things, I was too low on iron. My disgust for dealing with raw meat has led to me becoming a semi-vegetarian since moving out, so lack of iron was definitely plausible.
'To make up for the fact that she wasn't there earlier to give me a hug', as she put it, she and Dad came to my house armed with a cooked dinner (with meat), several packets of cooked mince and hamburgers to put in the freezer, iron-enriched cereal, a packet of spinach, pages and pages of printed out information about what iron does and which foods it is in, vegetables which she then proceeded to make soup with ('for another time'), as well as an entire home made lemon slice. Pretty sure there isn't iron in lemon slice but it is still fucking nice (I've had about six bits this morning alone - help).
I couldn’t believe it. She’d heard that I was not feeling well and thought of everything she possibly could to fix it. They also watched two episodes of Parks and Rec with me and that was nice.
- super-serious likes this
- kimtheshizz likes this
- andwhenithappens likes this
- what-are-we-really said:The vitamin c in the lemon in the slice actually helps your body to absorb iron!
- pyrexia likes this
- burndowntheskyline likes this
- shawskankredemption likes this
- johannesvandergraaff likes this
- thenextstation said:Ah, that’s so lovely. Sorry to hear you’ve been unwell. If you ever need to talk, just shoot me a message! :) Hope you’re feeling less stressed, and more iron-ey soon!
- thenextstation likes this
- inkreaddipbull posted this